More than 25 million UK people are within target groups for seasonal vaccines. So, it's no wonder that flu season is one of the busiest times of the year at GP practices. What if we told you we could save you money and improve clinical safety - and free up some of your valuable time too?
Target groups for seasonal influenza vaccines include:
- all patients aged 65 years and over
- all patients aged six months to under 65 years that are in a clinical at-risk group
- all patients aged two, three and four years
- all pregnant women
- children in school years 1, 2 and 3
The recommended seasonal influenza vaccine coverage by the World Health Organisation is 75%. That's a lot of patients you are dealing with by sending invitations and booking appointments. Vaccination details need recording and there are admin jobs too, including claims. How can we make all this easier for you?
Send text message invitations
If you're phoning or writing to invite patients to flu clinics, you could be saving time and money - and getting a faster response. 94% of UK adults own or use a mobile phone, so why not invite patients with a text message?
- Save time: send text messages to all your target patients at the same time
- Save money: text messages cost much less than phone calls or sending letters in the post
- Faster response: Patients receive the invitation straight away
Vision's 2-way text messaging also lets patients reply to these invitations. It adds coded responses straight into the patient's record, saving you even more time.
Some patients will need vaccinations for seasonal influenza, pneumococcal infections and/or shingles. Vision will maximise the opportunity to combine eligible vaccinations within a single appointment. This saves clinic time, releases appointments and is better for patients too.
Protect every patient
The seasonal immunisation programme protects patients against serious illness or death. It's important not to let anybody slip through the net. Vision alerts clinicians during consultations when a patient is eligible for a vaccination. This is especially helpful for shingles because of the complex vaccination eligibility rules.
There are comprehensive Vision+ templates for:
- Seasonal influenza vaccination
- Pneumococcal vaccination
- Shingles vaccination
Each template shows relevant information at a glance, hiding away any unnecessary distractions. This must-have information includes possible contra-indications and interactions. Clinicians can also see why a patient is eligible for a vaccination without trawling through their entire record.
Once the flu season is over you will want to make sure you claim for every vaccination. There's no need to write, run and combine searches. The vaccination templates include reports to support claims. They are fast and simple to run, and you can be confident they are accurate too.
There is a range of learning resources available for text messaging and the Vision+ templates. Click here to get started.
- Fully integrated with Vision
- Send patients appointment reminders
- Send to selected patients
- Search for specific appointment types for reminders
- Scheduling function for automated reminders
- Text patients to book a new appointment
- Patient cancellations
- Patients can text back to cancel
- Cancelled appointment available to re-book automatically
- Set the cancellation reason to use for text message cancellations
- Send call/recall invitations by text message
- Recall categories
- Patients can reply to stop further invitations
- For QOF calls/recalls replies are automatically recorded in the patient record as Informed Dissent using the appropriate exception code for the indicator triggering the invitation
- Text health questionnaires to patients
- Patients can respond by text message
- Their answers are mapped to Read codes and filed in the patient record
- Health Board level reporting dashboard on text message usage
- Statistics on numbers and types of text messages sent and received
- Single practice or organisational level reporting
Help and Support
- Online User Guides & Video Tutorials
- UK based Customer Support